We are happy to announce that a minor release of foxBMS 2 version 1.2.1 is available on GitHub.
In this release version 1.2.1 we added some new features and fixed minor bugs. The main topics in this release covered are:
The main topics covered in this release are:
- Added documentation for the LTC based based interface board and slave board
- foxBMS now ships with a new conda environment
- The FPU context was not saved during task switching, which could lead to memory corruption
- Cleaned up the SPI module and it is now possible to use the hardware Chip Select pins
- Corrected the OS-module wrapper for task definition
- Centralized the creation of the FreeRTOS queues used within the software
- Improved analog front-end drivers for MAXIM MAX17852 and MAX17841B
For a detailed list of changes in foxBMS 2 version 1.2.1, please refer to our changelog.
We publish major software releases for our open source BMS platform every 3 to 6 months and interim bug fixes when solved in the News section. By subscribing to the foxBMS Newsletter, you will be informed when the new releases are available. Further, the foxBMS Roadmap and the Documentation are also updated regularly.
Warning: The foxBMS 2 platform including the foxBMS 2 hardware and the foxBMS 2 software are under permanent development. The free and open research and development platform foxBMS 2 as presented in the documentation hereafter is not provided to be used without any adaptions (e.g., to fulfill mandatory regulations) in consumer products, electric vehicles, production environments or any similar usages: the open source version of the foxBMS 2 platform is only intended to be used by skilled professionals trained in designing battery system prototypes.
In case you encounter problems, please contact us.
The Fraunhofer IISB foxBMS Team