foxBMS 2 version 1.3.0 available
We are happy to announce that a minor release of foxBMS 2 version 1.3.0 is available on GitHub.
The main topics covered in this release are:
- Updated master and slave hardware documentation.
- Added a superimposed state machine for all insulation monitoring device drivers.
- Added driver implementation for Bender IR155 insulation monitoring device.
- Transmit the unique ID of the MCU on which foxBMS 2 is running on startup via CAN.
- Improved the MISRA-C conformity of the embedded software.
- Updated the following tools:
- TI ARM CGT 20.2.5.LTS
- LLVM 13.0.0
- Axivion Bauhaus Suite 7.4.0
- Updated the following dependencies:
- FreeRTOS 10.4.5
For a detailed list of changes in foxBMS 2 version 1.3.0, please refer to our changelog.
We publish major software releases for our open source BMS platform every 3 to 6 months and interim bug fixes when solved in the News section. By subscribing to the foxBMS Newsletter, you will be informed when the new releases are available. Further, the foxBMS Roadmap and the Documentation are also updated regularly.
Warning: The foxBMS 2 platform including the foxBMS 2 hardware and the foxBMS 2 software are under permanent development. The free and open research and development platform foxBMS 2 as presented in the documentation hereafter is not provided to be used without any adaptions (e.g., to fulfill mandatory regulations) in consumer products, electric vehicles, production environments or any similar usages: the open source version of the foxBMS 2 platform is only intended to be used by skilled professionals trained in designing battery system prototypes.
In case you encounter problems, please contact us.
The Fraunhofer IISB foxBMS Team